Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Moto 360 Not Perfect but still the best yet.

Even with a few defects up front, three watches later I love the Moto 360!

There is no doubt I loved the Moto 360 from the day I got it.  It was my third Android Wear, but always my first choice, and I felt it was the best of the original three; However after the frustration of a couple of initial hiccups would I still feel the same way?
  When I first got the Moto 360 I went for the Horween Leather band.  I must say it was quite comfortable.  As time went on I began to notice the much talked about cracks on the back plastic plate were developing on mine.  I quickly brought it back, and as luck may have it Best Buy had the metal band version in stock.  They were kind enough to exchange it without the additional cost.  I'm not sure if they were supposed to; however the girl told me she wanted to take care of me.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that Motorola had installed a plastic spacer on the metal band version to get the band away from the plastic back.  With the black spacer there is no way for the band to put stress on the back causing it to crack.  Upon getting it home I found that the metal band was a few links short to fit on my wrist.  I attempted to install a few extra links myself, but found I was stopped dead in my tracks when I could not remove the original pins.
At this point of frustration I decided to bring in an expert, so I drove back to town and saw the local jeweler.  After a fair charge of only $10.00 and a couple hours of their time my new watch fit perfect.  

Full of excitement I went home and began installing all of the custom watch faces I love.  When I rebooted the watch my heart once again sunk as I noticed it.  I noticed that I had a burnt out pixel dead center of the screen Noooo!  Once again I packed up the watch and headed back to Best Buy.  I was greeted warmly by the staff, and they quickly offered to help.  In no time at all they got out the last Stainless model they had, swapped my newly sized band onto it so I did not have to make another trip to the jeweler, and they once again sent me on my way as a happy customer.
I fired up my third one and quickly inspected the screen.  After finding my new display was perfect the smile was back on my face.  So after a few frustrating hiccups, I am still very happy with my Moto 360.  If you decide to purchase one, I strongly recommend going with the steel band to start.  It is very comfortable, and with the different mounting points you will not have to worry about the plastic back cracking.  Overall even with a few initial problems I still give the Moto 360 a big thumbs up.  I look forward to a writting a follow up on my experience as the Andoid Wear operating system evolves.  Rumor has it a Moto 360 2.0 is in the works already!  

No comments:

Post a Comment